Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ramblings

Periodically throughout my day I tend to think "Hey, I should mention this on my blog" and then can't find a good way to segue into whatever that topic is. Today is segue day...

segue \SEG-way; SAYG-way\, intransitive verb:
1. To proceed without interruption; to make a smooth transition.

Barbie: If you know what a Bibble is, you'll want to look into this. Barbie Live is presenting Fairytopia at Bass Performance Hall through this weekend. Last night I had a wild hair and grabbed my almost-4-year-old and promised her dinner at the restaurant of her choice and a chance to watch Barbie Fairytopia. Two Chik-Fil-A dinners later and we were on our way to Fort Worth. I can't tell you how cute it was to watch hundreds of little girls dressed to the nines in fairy wings, descend en masse on downtown Fort Worth. The show was a hit, Barbie was gorgeous, the costumes were incredible, and I loved how they involved the audience in the show.

Babysitters: I am asked at least twice a month (usually by new mommies who have yet to tap into the babysitting vein in Dallas) who I use to watch my kidlets. I stumbled upon Moms Best Friend two years ago when in desperate need of a night nanny to help provide an extra pair of (rested and patient) arms for our reflux baby. We have a string of four or five regulars that know and love our kids and I just can't say enough great things about this agency! I called them a few hours ago to set up a sitter for 8 am tomorrow as I have a last-minute cover shoot...30 minutes later we were set to go!

Blogs: I posted a section last week of blogs I love to read. These are addicting! Besides the fun behind-the-scenes Dallas Child Blog there is one by a fellow mommy that I have never met, but am sure we would be fast friends (not said in a stalker sort of way, I promise). I love her nitty gritty entries (and someone get this girl a job!).

Beach: We are abandoning ship next week for a week at the beach (nothing fancy...S. Padre). Ruthann and I are working hard to get orders picked up or shipped out before next week...if you haven't heard from us yet regarding your print order, you probably will in the next day or so.

Baby Ellis: I finished proofing Ellis' six month session tonight and as usual have a favorite image to post. It's so typical...I return from a session and quickly scan it for a good one to pop online. Then I sit down 2 weeks later to edit and find SO many others that I love even more.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home