Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The other side of the lens...

is harder to be on than I expected!

and I am *still* tired. Jinky was with our family for four hours (yes, four hours folks) and then we sent her on her way sweaty, exhausted, but beaming. I hope this is a good thing! The kids leapt through the sprinkler, we ate donuts with sprinkles at Krispy Kreme, and we stalked the Nasher for those rare spots of open shade. It was FUN!

I don't know when I'll have images to share, I forced myself to not take my camera along today so I would HAVE to behave and be Mommy instead of Photographer. Her biz partner, 2nd shooter, and travel buddy Dawn is keeping a blog, and promised to post a few behind-the-scenes images later tonight (I know I'll be checking!).

Jinky was so sweet at the end-I showed her my book of Christmas Card designs that I had just picked up ~ she said she was impressed and even (and I quote) "intimidated" by the photos in the samples...which made me do the "awwww, shucks" thing. Of course, I can't help but hope she wasn't just being nice (Jinky, Dawn, love you guys!).

(In my best Australian accent)...."Ta!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've come here 5 times today and each time I've tried to comment but have been pulled away by one of the kiddos...my point in sharing is this, NO WORRIES on our session, I don't have the time to be impatient!!! Thanks for the sweet picture of my first love with my latest love though, it's great!

MORE importantly, I LOVE hearing about your session and CAN'T wait to see the results!

6:34 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Aly said...

I'm so jealous, I just can't wait to see this shoot!!

7:29 PM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Aly said...

I just saw, what sweet shots! I'm so anxious, how do you stand it?!

7:31 PM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home