Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Praying to the porcelain ....

I have NEVER had to reschedule a family because I was sick. Never. And what happens in the wee hours of the morning, just before a much anticipated family session? I was reacquainted with the idiom "tossing cookies".

I know, pretty picture. I'll spare you the details.

But this sweet, wonderful family was *so* incredibly supportive...especially given the fact that they didn't get my email, text, or messages until they were already at the park.

Yeah, that helped my tummy feel a LOT better, let me tell you.

Add that guilt to the mental picture of my husband, standing over my bed, asking "Are you better yet because I am so buried in work and the kids are running amok and we need groceries and I'm leaving town for a few days tomorrow and have meetings to prepare for and can't you get out of bed YET?".

Yes, it was a long day.

But don't fret...you (and I) will get to meet this family on Saturday. There's a story to be told about how they came to be a Sugar family, and it's worth hearing. So sit tight.

Tomorrow, check back to see pics of the two newest members of the Sugar gang...Debbie's twins are coming! I'll be at the birth (but of course!), and will have snaps of Beck and Ella to share tomorrow night.

Today...let's see who can guess our exciting news first :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

It would be wonderful if a new baby was the reason for your sickness - at least it will be worth it in the long run! If you are expecting, then many congratulations to you and your sweet family!

12:39 PM, February 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the Gladney Center for Adoption symbol!

5:53 PM, February 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks you have a match?

Either that or Chuck redeemed himself and is no longer in the ftard category with Rich.

Wait...did I say that?

5:24 AM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear what the surprise is! I hope you are feeling better- I've got to take the kiddies out of town for a week, and am praying we don't get the flu!

6:44 AM, February 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my... are you adopting a child?!? Do tell us soon!

11:23 AM, February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home