Friday, August 03, 2007

The weekend is here!

Session 5 of 5 for this week was today, and I admit that while it was busier than usual...I LOVED all these cute kids! I think all but one was between 15 months and 2.5 years (the one that wasn't in this age category is due with her first in about a week and a half-so she gets a pass on the age guess).

It has just been so fun playing with all these little people! And it really reminds me of why I love what I do. Meeting these different personalities and working hard to draw them out and make them comfortable (and then photographing the heck out of them). It can be so challenging, and it makes me think...I notice that I'm really drawing on social work skills that I learned and used years ago in my old jobs.

It's important to start where the client is (aka-are we in a good mood this morning? did we sleep well last night? any fussiness? munchies? dry pull-ups? are we overwhelmed by all there is to see and hear, or are we taking it in stride and ready to explore?). Lots of reflective listening "You hear a DUCK! You see a PLANE! You are excited to be here!". And even a smattering of 'let's get them to want to play over there, where the light is so great' which is more of a parenting thing than anything else.

Anyway-I'm rambling. Long week. Lots of kids. Lots of siblings...but the easy part-lots of solo siblings (does that make sense?). Littlest sisters of three girls, for example.

Meet Ellie-She had Mommy all to herself today while the two oldest were at home with Daddy. She and I had deep, thoughtful conversations about the animals we could see/hear/imagine in the park. She is the queen of naming animal sounds-I was so impressed!

Of course, I'm pretty sure that she thinks I'm a goof...but we had a ball looking for roly polys, throwing leaves, singing songs and looking for the duck that she just knew was in the stream (we never saw him). I don't mind being the goof, when it means we end up with gorgeous pictures like these:



Just a fun one I wanted to throw in her...JUICE BREAK! Doesn't that look yummy?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen, I love the pictures of Ellie!! The second one is my favorite. She has grown up so much since the last time I saw her! I'm so glad Andrea brought her to you again. :-) - Lisa Mac

6:17 AM, August 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home