Let sleeping dogs (and babies) lie...
Baby Jack is two weeks old, and a sweeter, calmer, *easier* baby has yet to come my way.
If someone could promise me (and I mean, swear on a stack of Bibles) that I would have a baby like him, I'd have a third child. Tomorrow.
But until that happens, I have to be content with snuggling and playing with sweet ones like Jack. Which is fine with me, because surely (surely) he can't be this happy all the time, right?
And to add to the precious mixture, in came Max. The sweetest, gentlest, calmest big dog I've ever met. Give me a Max and I might even add a third dog.
The proof is in the picture. Look at these two. Don't you want to just take them home and snuggle in bed with the two of them? Aren't they the most peaceful duo? (And can't you just see them in two years...playing in a big mud puddle in the backyard?).

Sweet Jack was so very comfy while cuddled up with Big Max.
If someone could promise me (and I mean, swear on a stack of Bibles) that I would have a baby like him, I'd have a third child. Tomorrow.
But until that happens, I have to be content with snuggling and playing with sweet ones like Jack. Which is fine with me, because surely (surely) he can't be this happy all the time, right?
And to add to the precious mixture, in came Max. The sweetest, gentlest, calmest big dog I've ever met. Give me a Max and I might even add a third dog.
The proof is in the picture. Look at these two. Don't you want to just take them home and snuggle in bed with the two of them? Aren't they the most peaceful duo? (And can't you just see them in two years...playing in a big mud puddle in the backyard?).

Sweet Jack was so very comfy while cuddled up with Big Max.




6 Comments:
Precious Images.
But very deceptive for those of us who know how REAL babies and dogs can be!
Could it seriously get any sweeter/cuter than that.
And I am with you...if life was that easy with dogs and kids, I'd add a ton more.
Such sweetness. I can see a mommy's heart melting at the sight of that picture.
Jennifer,
We had so much fun with you yesterday. Thank you for giving our family such wonderful memories. I started crying as soon as I saw both pictures. My boys are such a blessing to me ....all three including Max.
Well Jennifer, turns out your site reaches across the country. I am lucky enough to have Jack as my new cousin, lucky enough to have Mike and Tamara as my cousins and lucky enough to have Max's Daddy. You take amazing pictures and they couldnt be of anyone sweeter. Max came from a great dog, he just happens to be mine, and Jack comes from great parents. Thank you for memorializing it.
Ivan Stalick - Cousin
Big Horn, Wyoming
Fantastic images, Jen. Love your style and vision.
And I had to laugh at your reluctance to snap a picture of your "crap" in the previous post because of the ensuing 17 step process to get the image to the blog.
Sorry you're a bit overwhelmed at the moment... well, kind of. If I was honest I would say that I also secretly smiled inside a bit like a mischievous little school boy at the thought of your stress... only because it comforts me in some slightly demented way to know others are just trying to hang on in this crazy photography business ride, too.
Hang in there! You're work is terrific.
oh Jen that is truely gorgeous! and reminds me of my first & our dog - such great mates :o) beautifully captured.
x
Post a Comment
<< Home