Is it that time again?
Late last year we had a fun rendition of 20 questions. You posted your questions (either via email OR by posting in the comments section) and I answered them all!
I feel terrible that I missed a question posted a while ago asking what kind of lens I use.
So maybe it's time for another round?
Ask away! Any question is fair game!
I feel terrible that I missed a question posted a while ago asking what kind of lens I use.
So maybe it's time for another round?
Ask away! Any question is fair game!




24 Comments:
ok, what lens do you use? And do you Auto or Manual focus it?
I love your work and style of photography. I would love to know what post-processing actions you use on your photos to get that finished look.
Also, what camera and lense do you use most?? And how on earth are you able to get such great shots with nothing but natural light?? What is the highest ISO you use and how do you keep it from getting grainy??
Sorry so many questions...I just love you work and want to learn more. Thanks.
My question is somewhat along the lines of the ones above....I love your work and wondered what post production actions you take in making the image Black and White and getting so much depth. When I make my photos black and white they tend to look a bit flat/gryed out.
Thanks....I love getting this insight into your work - it's amazing!
I love reading your blog and looking at your GOREGOUS work.
My question is along the same lines as the ones above...
When you edit to Black and White in Photoshop how do you create such depth in your photos? Mine end up sort of flat/grayed out.
Thanks.
1- One day, I'd love to hear your story of how you went from snapping pictures to becoming a professional.
2- What is your photography education... self taught or specific schooling?
3- If you could only give 3 tips to a mom who wanted to go pro someday, what would they be?
Was there something about being a social worker that was unsatisfying or not fulfilling, or do you just feel MORE passionate about being a photographer? :)
where's your photography going to be in 5 yrs?
are you signed up for another seminar?
(i too want tips for b/ws that pop like yours).
can we see your camera bag?
your work is amazing, miss weintraub. but clearly, you have to have help. tell us more about this assistant of yours.
Backlighting...what's the secret? You've got it down! Your work is beautiful!
Are you still working with Nikon? How is it that you deal with the fact that Nikons underexpose...that is what I have heard from a lot of Nikon users.
Do you ever use a light meter? Or do you always use your in camera meter...or maybe a better question would be how do you meter? LOL!
Can't wait to hear all of the answers!
do you use noiseware or another similar software on your photos during post processing??
I read in one of your other postings that you shoot totally manual.
I find with kids that I'm constantly having to change things because they move around so much and of course the lighting changes as they move.
Any tips on how you seem to be able to go "manual" and still capture the moments
How many pictures do you take on average per photo session?
Also, how many final pictures do you show the client?
I agree with the others - your work is amazing!!
since you have only 12 comments and most are "professional comments" regarding lighting and things of that nature I have another question! What age do you "top out at", literally what's your CUT OFF AGE of your subjects? I'm new to your blog and I LOVE YOUR PICS!!!
How did you come up with the name "Sugar?"
I was wondering...have you found the secret to balancing family and photography? Something I am struggling with.
As a loyal Sugar client, I'm less interested in cracking your code and more interested in if there is anything new or exciting in the future for Sugar Photography. Have any teasers for us that can't get enough?
Are you willing to trade services? Like, for example, if you were given free room and board for a weekend, with some academic advising for Samantha's future collegiate plans thrown in, would you be willing to take a photo of 3 kids, looking in the same direction? Smiling? Just. one. shot.
I agree with "Henry and Greta's mommy" tell us more about your fabulous assistant (okay, it's true I'm a friend of Janet's). I do LOVE your work and you are the very inspiration that set me along this path after I received Janet's slideshow announcement. So my question is what does your workflow (after sessions) look like? Do you shoot sRGG or Adobe RGB? And where do you generally have your photos printed? (that all fits into one workflow question right?) Thanks!
what program do you use for creating your proofing slideshows??
What does your "after photo shoot" workflow look like?
Do you use RAW or JPG? Adobe RGB or sRGB? ?
Which printing co. do you use most often?
Thanks for being so willing to answer questions and give insite into your beautiful photography!
Oh Jen, you're leaving us in suspense! I know you couldn't be busier, but us diehard Sugar fans are on the edge of our seats to get your "20 questions" reply! When the hustle and bustle of your growing business takes a small blip of serenity, please think of us little people who adore your work and love reading your blog.
;) Thank you
What software do you use for your slideshows?
Jen - I adore your work and would love answers to all the above mentioned questions. Would you consider doing a workshop?
Post a Comment
<< Home